HypnoBirthing (The Mongan Method)
What is HypnoBirthing?
Quite simply, HypnoBirthing offers Mums-to-be and their birthing companion a full antenatal education.
HypnoBirthing utilises the power of the mind to help Mums stay in a more relaxed state so that their body and baby can do what they are naturally capable of doing - having a natural birth in a comfortable and healthy way. Mums learn to trust that their bodies know how to bring their babies into the world in the calm and gentle way that nature intended.
HypnoBirthing (The Mongan Method) is founded on the philosophy that "every woman, everywhere will know the joy of a safe, satisfying birth for her baby and herself...one she'll not need to forget" *, and is comprised of a range of specially taught unique relaxation techniques. Women learn to release emotions tied to fear-based stories and misinformation about birth, and they are helped to see birth as a perfectly normal, natural and physically possible event.
What Do You Learn On A HypnoBirthing Course?
A HypnoBirthing course teaches you, along with your birthing companion, the art and joy of experiencing birth in a more comfortable and empowered manner. You will learn how to call upon your body's own natural relaxant and thus lessen, or even eliminate, discomfort and the need for medication. Whilst it can be no means guaranteed, many women go on to report of their births without having felt 'pain', normally using words such as 'pressure' or 'tightness' to describe the sensations of labour. HypnoBirthing teaches that when a woman is properly prepared for childbirth and when mind and body are in harmony, nature is free to function in the same well-designed manner that it does with all animal mothers in nature.
Specifically, all HypnoBirthing course participants learn:
- Everything you need to know to achieve safer, easier and more comfortable birth
- To explode the myth that pain is a necessary accompaniment to labour
- Techniques of deep relaxation to help you eliminate the 'Fear-Tension-Pain' syndrome
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture and birth your baby with ease and comfort
- To create your body's own natural relaxant, the only 100% safe labour enhancement
- Natural ways to bring your body into labour without artificial chemical induction
- How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing environment that is calm, serene and joyful, rather than tense and stressful
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world, without the violence of hard physically exhausting pushing
- To use your natural birthing instincts to birth your baby in a way that most mirrors the way that nature intended
What Are The Benefits Of HypnoBirthing?
Extensive research from HypnoBirthing Mums in the US & UK has shown that HypnoBirthing can help:
- Create a calm, inspired, easier and more peaceful birth
- Shorten the first stage of labour
- Reduce, and in many cases, eliminate the need for medical pain relief
- Alleviate fatigue during labour
- Reduce the chance of medical intervention and c-section
- Provide the birth companion with an important and active supporting role during birth
- Encourages a speedier post natal recovery, with fewer instances of post natal depression
HypnoBirthing babies are also widely reported to be calmer, more contended children.
HypnoBirthing Course Highlights Include...
- How the mind and emotions affect the body
- Why labour hurts and why it doesn't have to
- Releasing fear, the enemy of labour
- Preparing your mind and body for birthing
- Avoiding artificial induction and episiotomy
- Developing ultimate-depth relaxation
- Understanding the stages of labour
- Preparing your Birth Plan
- Tapping Nature's own relaxant
- Breathing your baby down for birth
Where Are My Nearest HypnoBirthing Classes Held?
Mellow Mama HypnoBirthing classes take place in a number of locations across the UK. We currently have well-respected practitioners delivering the original HypnoBirthing curriculum (as founded by Marie Mongan):
HypnoBirthing in Cheltenham | HypnoBirthing in London | HypnoBirthing in Birmingham | HypnoBirthing in Bristol | HypnoBirthing in Leicester | HypnoBirthing in Leeds | HypnoBirthing in Leeds | HypnoBirthing in Liverpool | HypnoBirthing in Chester | HypnoBirthing in Windsor | HypnoBirthing in Milton Keynes | HypnoBirthing in Nottingham | HypnoBirthing in Stratford Upon Avon | HypnoBirthing in Worcester | HypnoBirthing London | HypnoBirthing Gloucestershire
If you are interested in learning more about HypnoBirthing classes and how the techniques could help you ready for your big day, please get in touch with Victoria for a friendly chat.